Best Hair Extensions For Your Hair Type
When is the last time you loved your hair?
Hair Extensions are sometimes misunderstood that they are only for adding more length to create a long hairstyle.
Many of the makeovers that I have provided, have included fixing a bad haircut or fixing a chemical “mishaps”.
The best hair extensions for your hair type will be professionally applied extensions that respect your own hair’s density. This is crucial to the health of your hair, and ensuring that you will experience wearing hair extensions comfortably.
Types Of Hair Extension Attachments Offered
- Micro-bonding is a method of customizing the size of a keratin fusion attachment prior to installation. This is recommend for most hair densities that are fine to medium. See Micro-Bonding Video
- Thermal Fusion- The Great Lengths 3200 Thermal System is our classic application method and has become the standard by which all other hair extension systems are judged by. The Great Lengths 3200 Thermal applicator tong is heated on one side.
The temperature, which is approximately the same temperature as the lowest setting on a standard curling iron, is used to soften the Great Lengths hair extension bond so it can be moulded around the client’s natural hair.
With this technique, round bonds are achieved which create a more voluminous result.
Unlike other systems, where glue guns and wax melting pots are used, the 3200 applicator allows for very clean and precise application. The result is undetectable attachments that are brush-able, durable and, most importantly, non-damaging to the client’s natural hair.
- Ultrasonic Cold Fusion- Technology is the passion of Great Lengths International, and the Ultrasonic 5000 method is the result of that passion.
- This “cold fusion” method uses no heat. Ultrasound vibrations soften the Great Lengths hair extension bonds so that it can either be moulded into a rounded bond for volume or wrapped around the hair to form a flat, seamless bond.
Extension Technicians and their clients are raving about the Ultrasonic 5000 which is able to produce attachment sites that flow seamlessly from the client’s natural hair into the Great Lengths hair extension strands.
Just as resilient as the 3200 Thermal method and with even quicker application, the Ultrasonic 5000 can accomplish amazing results for clients with extremely fine, thin hair. Unlike other systems, where glue guns and wax melting pots are used, the 5000 applicator allows for very clean and precise application.
The result is undetectable attachments that are brush-able, durable and, most importantly, non-damaging to the client’s natural hair. The Great Lengths Ultrasonic 5000, simply put, is the world’s finest system for the application of human hair strands.
- GL Apps (Tape Hair Extensions) Fast, invisible, and the very best hair. GL Apps are the first smart extensions. At last there’s hair thickening and hair extensions as smart as many of the things that make our lives sharp, lively and easy. “GL” stands, of course, for Great Lengths, and for the top quality that Great Lengths offers. “Apps” means Application.
*Price at Consultation Only
If you are “price shopping”…you will want to read this.
Who is not a candidate?
If you suffer from extremely thinning hair, and can see your scalp; then you will not be able to get hair extensions.
It is because if you can see your scalp then the hair extension attachments will show.
How much are hair extensions?
Price at consultation only.
NO Prices over phone or through email.
All work is customized.
There are such varying factors that affect pricing....such as:
- Your desired look
- How thick is your hair currently
- What color is your hair
- Is your hair color one color or is it dimensional
We cannot "guesstimate" over the phone. We need to meet with you in person.
Adding Tape Extension Highlights- $349 & Up
Adding Fusion Extension Highlights- $700 & up
Spot Corrections or Adding Bangs- $600 & Up
Lengthen or Thicken Sides Only- $800 & Up
Adding Volume/ Hair To your current hair for fullness - $1,500 & Up
Adding Immediate Length
Full Lengthening/ Adding Immediate Full Length- PRICE ONLY AT CONSULT
How long does my hair have to be?
- 3.5 inches to start to add volume.
- 4 to 5 inches long to add length.
How long will my hair extensions last?
The extensions that I offer can last up to 5 months.
*How fast your hair grows will affect the longevity.
Your aftercare & care of extensions need to be followed.
Do you only do hair extensions? I need hair color.
I can take care of all of your beauty needs. Yes, I color hair.
- Hair Color
- Hair Smoothing/ Straightening
- Manicuring & Pedicuring
- Eyelash Extensions
- Brow Extensions & Sculpting
Are the extensions real hair?
Yes. We will only work with real human hair.
Great Lengths & Hotheads
Can I bring in my own hair?
No. We do not offer our professional services in that manner.
We only work with the professional manufacturers that we offer.
(*The only exception may be if your extensions are clip in & for a special occasion. Additional styling fees will apply)
Will hair extensions damage my hair?
Hair extensions will not damage your own natural hair when you follow the professional aftercare instructions.
Hair extensions when properly & professionally applied can be worn safely.
Can I style, curl or flat iron my extensions?
Yes. Your extensions are 100% real human hair.
You need to remember to stay an adequate distance away from your attachment/bond area when using heat.
What if I do not like my hair extensions, after I get them? I want a refund.
All deposits and monies are non-refundable for our specialty & corrective services; including hair extensions.
If within 30 days of our installation, you are find that your extensions are not conducive to your lifestyle then we will offer you a professional removal service at a *reduced rate. Reduced rate will be determined at your removal consultation.
Our removal services:
$125 per hour for properly cared for extensions
$175+ per hour for improperly cared for extensions
Please see our Salon Policy Page
What forms of payment to you accept?
- American Express
No EBT cards or Personal Checks
50% Non-Refundable Deposit is necessary to reserve service time.
Do You Need Hair Extensions?
Ann Marie Walts has been passionate about providing hair extensions for 10 years, and has had experience with various brands. Her certifications have even included being trained to be a hair extension educator with Balmain, however her first love is definitely Great Lengths. Certifications include:
- Great Lengths 3200 Thermal Fusion
- Great Lengths 5000 Ultrasonic Cold Fusion
- Great Lengths Tape Extensions “GL Apps”
- HotHead Hair Tape Extensions
- Balmain Hair Extensions (No longer carry this brand)
- So Cap Hair Extensions (Better suited for coarser textures)
- Pure Hair “Bead Extensions” (No longer carry this brand)