Hair Extension Makeovers by Ann Marie Walts
Best Hair Extensions For Your Hair Type
Hair Extensions are sometimes misunderstood that they are only for adding more length to create a long hairstyle.
Hair extensions can be safely worn…even if you have fine hair.
- 2014 Modern Salon Magazine Featured Article about being a Certified Great Lengths Extensionist
Many of the makeovers that I have provided, have included fixing a bad haircut or fixing a chemical “mishaps”.
The best hair extensions for your hair type will be professionally applied extensions that respect your own hair’s density.
This is crucial to the health of your hair, and ensuring that you will experience wearing hair extensions comfortably.
Poorly applied hair extensions are the most costly.
Types Of Hair Extension Attachments Offered
- Micro-bonding is a method of customizing the size of a keratin fusion attachment prior to installation. This is recommend for most hair densities that are fine to medium. See Micro-Bonding Video
- Thermal Fusion- The Great Lengths 3200 Thermal System is our classic application method and has become the standard by which all other hair extension systems are judged by. The Great Lengths 3200 Thermal applicator tong is heated on one side.
The temperature, which is approximately the same temperature as the lowest setting on a standard curling iron, is used to soften the Great Lengths hair extension bond so it can be moulded around the client’s natural hair.
With this technique, round bonds are achieved which create a more voluminous result.
Unlike other systems, where glue guns and wax melting pots are used, the 3200 applicator allows for very clean and precise application. The result is undetectable attachments that are brush-able, durable and, most importantly, non-damaging to the client’s natural hair.
- Ultrasonic Cold Fusion- Technology is the passion of Great Lengths International, and the Ultrasonic 5000 method is the result of that passion.
- This “cold fusion” method uses no heat. Ultrasound vibrations soften the Great Lengths hair extension bonds so that it can either be moulded into a rounded bond for volume or wrapped around the hair to form a flat, seamless bond.
Extension Technicians and their clients are raving about the Ultrasonic 5000 which is able to produce attachment sites that flow seamlessly from the client’s natural hair into the Great Lengths hair extension strands.
Just as resilient as the 3200 Thermal method and with even quicker application, the Ultrasonic 5000 can accomplish amazing results for clients with extremely fine, thin hair. Unlike other systems, where glue guns and wax melting pots are used, the 5000 applicator allows for very clean and precise application.
The result is undetectable attachments that are brush-able, durable and, most importantly, non-damaging to the client’s natural hair. The Great Lengths Ultrasonic 5000, simply put, is the world’s finest system for the application of human hair strands.
- GL Apps (Tape Hair Extensions) or HotHeads Tape Extensions are: Fast, invisible, and the very best hair. GL Apps are the first smart extensions. At last there’s hair thickening and hair extensions as smart as many of the things that make our lives sharp, lively and easy. “GL” stands, of course, for Great Lengths, and for the top quality that Great Lengths offers. “Apps” means Application.
- Clip In Hair Extensions – The convenience of having me color match your hair will make it easier for you to have a set of clip in hair extensions that will be the perfect match!
- Wigs! – Why not accesorize you “wardrobe” with a beautiful wig. Wigs are fashionable and a really fun & fast way to change your hairstyle.
If you are “price shopping”…you will want to read this.
Who is not a candidate?
If you suffer from extremely thinning hair, and can see your scalp; then you will not be able to get hair extensions.
It is because if you can see your scalp then the hair extension attachments will show.
You will may be interested in our hairloss & wig solutions.
How much are hair extensions?
Price at consultation only.
NO Prices over phone or through email.
All work is customized.
There are such varying factors that affect pricing....such as:
- Your desired look
- How thick is your hair currently
- What color is your hair
- Is your hair color one color or is it dimensional
I cannot "guesstimate" over the phone. I need to meet with you in person.
How long does my hair have to be?
- 3.5 inches to start to add volume.
- 4 to 5 inches long to add length.
How long will my hair extensions last?
The extensions that I offer can last up to 5 months.
*How fast your hair grows will affect the longevity.
Your aftercare & care of extensions need to be followed.
Do you only do hair extensions?
Are the extensions real hair?
Yes. We will only work with real human hair.
Great Lengths & Hotheads
Can I bring in my own hair?
No. We do not offer our professional services in that manner.
We only work with the professional manufacturers that we offer. Great Lengths, Hair Talk, Hotheads.
(*The only exception may be if your extensions are clip in & for a special occasion. Additional styling fees will apply)
Will hair extensions damage my hair?
Hair extensions will not damage your own natural hair when you follow the professional aftercare instructions.
Hair extensions when properly & professionally applied can be worn safely.
My salon is sought ought for hair extension corrections because of poorly applied hair extensions.
Can I style, curl or flat iron my extensions?
Yes. Your extensions are 100% real human hair.
You need to remember to stay an adequate distance away from your attachment/bond area when using heat.
What if I do not like my hair extensions, after I get them? I want a refund.
All deposits and monies are non-refundable for our specialty & corrective services; including hair extensions.
If within 30 days of our installation, you are find that your extensions are not conducive to your lifestyle then we will offer you a professional removal service at a *reduced rate. Reduced rate will be determined at your removal consultation.
Our removal services:
$125 per hour for properly cared for extensions
$175+ per hour for improperly cared for extensions
Please see our Salon Policy Page
What forms of payment to you accept?
- American Express
No EBT cards or Personal Checks
50% Non-Refundable Deposit is necessary to reserve service time.