Real People Makeovers!
How many times have you watched a makeover t.v. show?
What is it that keeps you glued to the end of the makeover show? It is always the final after photograph or reveal!
How To Tips:
Maybe you are contemplating getting a makeover or simply making a change to your look?
- Create a Pinterest board is extremely inspirational and really can be very, very helpful when communicating to a salon or stylist what your ideas are. Using pictures to verbalize what you want is truly the best way to share your idea
2. Use Google Images!
Type in a topic in the search bar.
Then hit the “images” tab and …….there you go!
You can use this tip for any topic.
Looking for a new haircolor....search for a certain shade!
3. Share your DISLIKES! Yes, your dislikes! Be honest and upfront. You will find that the most creative hairstylists are not mind readers. It would be easier if we were, but it does not work that way.
Makeovers are about change. Change can be a bit scary, but does not have to be. As much as you may not know what you will want, it is safe to say that you will and do know what will not work for your hair!
4. Ask for a CONSULTATION!
It is best to work with a salon or stylist that offers a thorough consultation, and especially if you have a few things that you need to change with your look or hair.
As much as you may be tempted…..just like on t.v…….to possibly say “DO WHAT YOU WANT!“; if you have not established enough communication then what you had in mind and what the stylist has in mind………..might be very far apart.
5. Explore….How do you wish your hair could be better?
Ask yourself what bugs you the most because when it comes to working with an experienced makeover artist…..you will have several options to correct what you do not like.
- Fix your color?
- Frustrated with your texture and unwanted curl?
- Hair not thick enough or long enough? Try Hair Extensions!
Tips On The “After”…..Real Expectations
If you fold your hands without even think about it…….you will find that one thumb will naturally go over the other. Try it.
Now try this, and fold your hands again, but this time have your other thumb be the one that goes on top of the other. It will feel a bit odd.
Real Expectation Tips:
- Expect to feel different
- Be patient with yourself about styling your new look. Be sure to ask or have the “how to” style your new look explained or re-explained.
Expectations of Others:
I have coached countless clients on what to possibly expect about how to hand the reaction from others. Your makeover will cause different reactions from others.
- The closest people around you, sometimes get too use to THINGS BEING THE SAME!
- Nosy people………“How much did you pay for that?
Best Professional Suggestion:
Own it! People respond to confidence, and on the very, very positive side of things………..get use to all of the compliments.
Most of us simple love real people makeovers!
Thank you for reading.
~Ann Marie Walts / Makeover Artist & Professional Photographer
Hair & Photography